sábado, 5 de março de 2016

Artistic Statement (March'2016)

 
In my artwork I try to combine the visible and the invisible, 
my inner vision with the outer reality, recreating myself 
between Abstract Expressionism, Surrealism, European 
Informalism, Arte Povera and Symbolism. Some of them 
give me the reality that I know very well, the others give 
me a fantasy world which I really need.
Over the last 30 years I began a gradual foray into three-
-dimensional works on canvas, opting for mixed techniques 
with acrylic and oil, wood, marble powder, wire, cloth, 
gunpowder, various metals, furniture pieces, varnishes and 
numerous kinds of keys, materials and colors that help me 
convey emotion in my artwork.
These last years I’ve found a new interest, combining photography with work on canvas, a 
digital artwork, a three-dimensional painting and a photo, both of my own, expressing my 
emotions through new techniques and taking my audience to surreal places, the icons of my 
artistic universe.
I consider myself always in artistic and creative progress, changing my world vision, absorbing 
travel experiences as a delight of life, exploring characters and movements in which I can 
identify my “joie de vivre”, mixing new and stimulating techniques and materials as Art.
  
Fernando Serrano 
March 2016

1 comentário: